Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 :: let go & let GOD

2013... Is this real life?

Seriously just yesterday we were prepping our homes for the turn of the millennium.... And 13 years later... Where are we now? As I look back on the past and forward to the future, it's truly spectacular to think about the blessings God has given me.

I've been thinking about New Year's resolutions for the past few days. In my 25 (wait... Is THAT real life...?! Haha) years of life, I have never actually written down my New Year's resolutions. But hey, if you want actual change, you've got to make actual CHANGES to your lifestyle. Procrastination and pondering on what you want to do does not produce changes.

My New Year's resolutions are all very simple but also will make monumental changes in who I am as a person, friend, sister, daughter, coworker and leader, but most of all child of God.

Lots of people have life themes: 'Live. Laugh. Love' (one of my faves), 'YOLO' (big on when you live on the coast), 'Don't worry... be Happy.' While all these are great and I refer to them often, God's laid on my heart a new one that has inspired most of my 2013 resolutions... 'let go & let GOD.'

let go & let GOD

It's simple, easy, free and transparent. At the same time, it's complex, involved, expensive and in your face.

I love the thought of letting go and letting God work in my life, use my talents for His purpose and molding me into the woman He wrote the story about. (Yes he has written each one of our lives before we were even conceived)

This thought I'm adopting does not mean sit back, be lazy and do nothing to better yourself as a person. While God wants to work in your life I truly believe you should constantly be taking steps (in His will) that will continually be molding your life to parallel His word.

I'm excited about 2013 for God has promised to move BIG in my life.

How is He going to move in yours? I challenge you to 'let go and let GOD' this year. What are you holding on to that God needs you to surrender to Him before He can bless you with the things He has planned for you? Believe in the promises of God, trust Him and speak truth over your life.

Proverbs 3: 5&6-
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

I loved the quotes on this picture I found. Maybe adopt a few of those into your life :)

Happy 2013!







No comments:

Post a Comment