Monday, April 7, 2014

..:: i cooked brussels sprouts ::..

First of all, I've gotten into this weird habit of cooking. Who am I?
{My child self is very confused and weirded out by this.}

Second... not only have I been cooking more than normal {and actually enjoying it}... tonight I decided to cook BRUSSELS SPROUTS! WHAT!?!?! Seriously, though, WHO AM I!?

Funny enough, I actually enjoyed them and have decided that I'm a great chef (self-proclaimed... because I cook for an audience of one... me. Mom likes my salmon, though.)

I'd encourage anyone to try this brussels sprout recipe. Sorry it's not super specific... I'm one of those 'a little of this, a dash of that' cooks. :)



INGREDIENTS: Brussels Sprouts, Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Sea Salt, Fresh Pepper

INSTRUCTIONS:

  • Buy brussels sprouts (how to determine which brussels sprouts to buy!? WHO KNOWS. I just picked a pack off the shelf at Publix... I think their produce is pretty legit)
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Wash brussels sprouts
  • Trim off the stem and cut in half long ways
  • Place flat side face down in baking dish
  • Lightly cover in olive oil, sea salt, fresh pepper and balsamic vinegar (whatever your little heart desires will be great, I'm sure)
  • Toss
  • Place in oven for 15-20 minutes
  • About half way through, remove dish and flip brussels sprouts
    • I decided to add a little extra of each of the ingredients at this point, but you probably don't have to
  • Enjoy the delectableness and satisfaction that #1. You cooked. #2. You cooked Brussels Sprouts
WARNING: Your child self may be staring at you in disbelief. It's okay. We must all grow up at some point and eat our veggies.


No comments:

Post a Comment